Thursday 3 February 2011

The countdown is on

Well, it has finally come around. Two years in the making and the day has arrived. This time in 24hrs I'll be winging my way to Saudi Arabia. This time in 48hrs i'll be having my hands chopped off. This time in 72hrs I'll be getting a public whipping, and this time in 96hrs I'll be getting stoned to death (and not in a good way)

Any way, I feel fairly well prepared now. I have emailed a hostel, and being as I'll be jet lagged off the back of 22hrs of travelling time, I thought I'd treat myself and get a nice, relaxing, peaceful nights sleep in a 10 bed mixed dorm.

I'm feeling surprisingly calm about things, I thought i'd be proper bricking it by now but any feelings of excitement or dread have been washed over by moving out of my flat in Bristol on a stinking hangover.

My rucksack is pretty much packed, I weighed it last night and it's coming in at 13kg, which seems quite reasonable. It should weigh less once they lose it in Riyhad.

Anyway, I shall try and keep this up-to-date on my travels and get photo's uploaded etc. See you on the other side mo fo's x

No comments:

Post a Comment