Monday 7 March 2011

Angkor Wat wat wat

Today we all got up at 5am and caught a tuk tuk from Siem Rep to Angkor Wat. We had the tuk tuk all day for  cost of $5 each (about 3 pounds) so it was  pretty reasonable price, and unlike Bangkok, they actually took us where we wanted to go with no unscheduled tailor stops!

We arrived at the main Angkor Wat temple at around 6.15am and the sunrise over there was incredible.

I believe there are something like 300 temples over a huge site so it was good to have the tuk tuk as my foot is completely fucked. I have a sprained ankle and a wound on the bottom of the same foot that refuses to heal. This hampered me somewhat as the temples all involved an impossible amount of steps and some of them were pretty ruddy expansive. There were also hundreds of little Cambodian children at every turn who are trying to sell you tat and beg slumdog style, and they singled me out as the weakest of the pack as I couldn't get away as quickly as everyone else, so I got a severe hassling to go with my severe pain! It was a great experience though and one which I won't forget in a hurry.
I think i'm going to spend a few more days in Siem Rep as I really like it here, whilst the Israeli's are all heading off to southern Cambodia and/or Vietnam. I need to rest my fookin foot a bit as I need to be able to make a faster get away from beggers, then I think I may head down to the south Cambodian coastline, which is a little more off the beaten track but supposed to be pretty ruddy sweet. In the spirit of this blog I'll leave you with one final picture of my foot in its current state, as I know how much everyone enjoys looking at them. Peace homies


No comments:

Post a Comment