Friday 4 March 2011

Tell me about the ladyboys

I've been in Bangkok for a few days now, and frankly I'll be glad to see the back of it... It's a sweaty, festering dirthole that is full of scum, disease and detritus! I think one day would've been plenty for me here, but I'm in a fairly big group and things always take much longer to decide... I've now booked a tidy little 9th bus journey to Cambodia which leaves on Sunday morning, it's 3hrs in a minibus to the border and then a local Cambodian bid for 6hrs, which will be fucking horrendous I reckon... I'm heading there with two ex military forces Israelis who I met in koh Tao and meeting a few more of their friends from Israel who are coming too (hence waiting around here for another couple of days)... They are really cool guys and have taught me a lot about their culture and upbringing which has been so interesting to learn. I've had some interesting experiences in Bangkok, the first day I got here myself and a different Israeli + a Norwegian girl got a tuk tuk ride, which the Thai driver assured us would take us to see all of the sights and would last about an hour. I was slightly suspicious as he was quoting a fee of about 20p each, whereas most others were about a quid. But thought fuck it, the Israeli guy is an absolute tank so felt safe enough: it started off fine and we went to see a couple of temples and some of the golden bhuddas... He then asked if we could go to a tailors as he'd get a free tank of petrol if he brought tourists, so we said sure. Got there and these douchebag salesmen were unbelievably pushy, but resisted buying anything. After this the tuk tuk driver said we were going to a government building, which turned out to be a travel agents that he was obviously also on commission from. Our next stop, which je said would be the golden temple, turned out to be a jewellerry store. By this point we'd been going for an hour and a hog and we were starting to grow a bit irrate, as the traffic was horrendous and we'd been breathing this shit air in scorching heat for long enough. Anyway, to cut a long story short he took us to another tailors and then started getting reaally fucked off that we weren't buying suits as it meant he wasn't getting any free petrol. We demanded he took us to the golden temple and when we got there he said we were only allowed 10 minutes, even though we'd just spent the last 2hrs being driven to places that we didn't want to go to! His driving became so irrate the angrier he got, so by the time we demanded to be taken back we were going round corners on 1.5 wheels! Lesson learnt, don't take 20p guided tours!!!

The next night we went to a ping pong show, which was different! Saw some things that will be scorched on to my retinas until the day I die! Also saw the first rain that I've seen for a month last night and had my first hot shower in a month which felt so nice, such luxuries are probably I'll advised just before going to cambodia...

The city is just so fucking dirty, after living in idyllic surroundings for a month it just feels disgusting. All of my injuries, cuts and bites that had begun to heal have now started to become infected again and the food has given me a bad stomach for last couple of days, definitely glad to see the back of this ruddy places... Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment