Thursday 3 March 2011

Koh Phangan

After the National park myself, Jack, Mikey and the two Canadian girls (Tekera and Ally) were ready for a change of tack and some party action, so booked on to a party bus to the full moon party. The minibus journey was hilarious, the driver had thumping dance music blaring out to the point that my ears were hurting! Being the Mr organised that I am, we hadn't bothered organising any accommodation, and the entire island was supposedly booked out as 30,000 people descended for the full moon. The canadian girls had spent two hours on Tonsai bay a week or so before phoning around places trying to get somewhere to stay, so me Jack and Mikey were expecting that we may have to just lob our bags intot he girls room and sleep on the beach.... However, when we got to the girls resort we asked and they had one bungalow left. The resort was fucking amazing, had a swimming pool etc and our bungalow overlooked the ocean and had a hammock and a little beach area with a fire pit and BBQ, so we went and bought some fish at the local market and cooked our own dinner. In the evening (night before the full moon) we decided we'd go for a beer. Needless to say Simon Moderation Bayliss ended up out until 8am after drinking a magig mushroom milkshake in Haad Rin.


 Felt like a complete bag of shit all of that day so spent most of it in my hammock trying to recover in time for the full moon. By 9pm we'd got in a bottle of vodka and as that started to kick in the recovery was complete. Our resort was at the furthest point from the party so the "taxi" journey took about 45 minutes. There were about 12 of us packed onto the back of a pick up truck which was great crack. When we got there it was absolute panadmonuim around there. By the time it got to about 4am I was 6 buckets in and eveything was pretty blurry by that point, but I distinctly rememember making my way back up to mushroom mountain, and it was another 8am finish! There was the real dregs of society left on haadrin beach by that time, obviously including myself! As the sun came up there were alsorts of things slowly getting revealed, many of which you wouldn't want to witness. My arm was also killing, turned out that I'd tried to take on the burning skipping rope, but by that time I could see about 5 ropes so I took a burning rope to the arm! After a day of recovery I hired a moped and went off to see some more of the island. The roads in parts had no paving and it was ridiculously dangerous, at one point my ped was sliding sideways dwon a 45 degree hill and I had zero control, luckily nothing was coming the other way and I managed to keep the ped upright so no damage done!

No comments:

Post a Comment